Allied Land Command (LANDCOM), Deputy Commander, Lt. Gen. Ed Davis visited Rapid Reaction Corps’ (RRC) France Headquarters, January 7, 2015. While there he participated in multiple briefings and meetings there outlining current RRC-FRA initiatives. This visit comes a week before the RRC-FRA leadership is to participate in the NATO Reaction Force (NRF) transfer ceremony with the 1st German/Netherlands Corps (1GE/NL). Officially, NRF responsibility had been transferred to 1 (GE/NL) as of January 1, 2015.
The NATO Response Force (NRF) is a high readiness and technologically advanced force comprising of land, air, sea and Special Forces units capable of being deployed quickly wherever needed. The NRF is certified by NATO to perform a wide variety of tasks including:
- providing an immediate response capability for the collective defense of Allies;
- crisis management operations;
- acting as the initial force in theatre as a precursor to the deployment of a much larger force;
- peace support operations;
- disaster relief; and
- protection of critical infrastructure.